FINALLY! We will be reopening our pool this Monday, June 22nd. Use is still very limited per the Governors orders.
Aquatics classes are limited to 5 people or less, and we are only permitted to allow one person per lane for lap swimming. If you want to reserve a spot just go to the member portal on the website, set-up your account, and schedule your time.
Unfortunately, we are not allowed to provide towel service and the locker rooms are still closed. The pool deck shower is available for rinsing off before and after your swim. Steam room and Sauna will likely remain closed until phase 4.
In addition, be sure to fill out the member release form located at the bottom of the website homepage, before coming into the club.
On Friday, June 5th King County was given approval to move into modified phase 1. This allows fitness facilities to re-open albeit, under very restrictive guidelines which include:
- Indoor personal training in a one-on-one setting only
- Outdoor group classes limited to 5 people of less
- Unfortunately, it does not allow member general usage of the club (anticipated in phase 3 @ 50% capacity)
- WE WILL NOT BEGIN BILLING MEMBERS until phase 3 of the Safe Start program.
- Personal Training – Members can register by going to the member portal on the website. Non-members can register by calling the club starting Monday June 8th after 8am.
- Group classes – both members and non-members can register by calling the club starting Monday June 8th after 8am. We will be adding online registration for group classes soon.
REDUCED CLUB HOURS – PHASE 2
Monday – Friday 8am -7pm
Saturday 8am to 1pm
Sunday - Closed
NEW SAFETY PROCEDURES
Many of you understandably have questions and concerns about the safety measures we intend to put into place at the club in order to provide you with a safe environment.
During the past month, we've made changes to the facility that allows for social distancing, purchased COVID specific cleaning devises and supplies, and have created new staff & member COVID safety protocols. Needless to say, with these new precautions, we’ve ensured that the club will be much safer than even going to the grocery store.
To follow is a list of many of the changes we've put in place to ensure that your work environment is safe:
- Provide staff with custom made reusable masks
- Provide staff with gloves
- Acquired touchless temperature sensors (all members and staff are required to have their temperature checked upon entry to the club
- Installed signage with COVID specific restrictions for entry into the facility
- Installed Plexiglas barriers at all check-in desks including the front desk, café, and kids club
- Put up social distancing signs and floor placards
- Blocked off or placed fitness equipment and furniture to ensure social distancing can be maintained
- Obtained hand towels that will be provided to members when they enter the club - they will be required to bring the hand towel every time they enter the club.
- Obtained personal headsets for all group-ex staff
- Blocked off water fountains other than water bottle fill stations
- Obtained over 50 touchless hand sanitizing stations that are mounted throughout the club
- Closed the locker rooms
- Closed the pool, Café, and Kids Club
- Obtained hundreds of spray bottles that will be filled with COVID specific cleaning solution - all employees and members will be required to carry with them throughout the club
- Hired extra cleaning staff that will do nothing but clean high touch areas of the club
- Obtained electrostatic sprayers that will be used to disinfect the club each night with COVID cleaning solutions that not only kill the virus for 12 months but also prevent the virus from adhering to any surface
- Repaired and upgraded the HVAC system to ensure more frequent air exchange throughout the facility
- Created a comprehensive COVID recovery plan in case of an occurrence
- Created a staff and member COVID operating protocol which you all will be trained on before you come back to work
STAYING UP TO DATE
This is a very fluid situation and things change almost daily so we strongly suggest that you "like us" on Facebook for the latest and most up to date information on new developments regarding usage and moving into the next phases of the Governor's safe start program.
Welcome back!! We can't wait to see everyone.
V.P. Of Operations
West Seattle Health Club
Updated Risk and Liability Waiver
Before resuming workouts at the club, we are asking that all members complete the Updated Risk and Liability Waiver along with a series of pre-screening health questions before using the facilities. Please complete the following waiver.
What our Members Say About our message above
"In the midst of all this negativity, fear and uncertainty, I have still observed some awesome acts of kindness and restoration in humanity. I'd like to give a shout out to West Seattle Health Club. An hour after the initial announcement of our city's lockdown, they notified members that we would NOT be charged and if we paid dues for March, it would be pro-rated back to us when the club re-opened. They did this proactively and not due to public outcry. This is somewhere I'd gladly keep paying dues to quite honestly - the staff is amazing! Places like LA fitness and 24-hour fitness have not even addressed any issues and even shut down their customer service line. Remember these things when the lock-down is over!"
"Thank you for this response. WSHC is a model for integrity and community and I’m grateful to be part of it. I will use the time to do some online training so when classes resume I will have some new moves and material!
Stay well and thanks for all you do for the staff and members!"
"What a great email! You answered all my questions. Thank you so much!!
We love the WSH club.
"If this thing extends beyond the 31st and you end up closing for 1-3 months please don't hesitate to communicate to us members about how you all are doing. If paying my membership dues in April and May when you are closed allows you to pay your staff and not close permanently I would potentially be interested in continuing to be billed knowing the money is going to support your employees. Zach Broten has done me right for about 6 years now (I was his first client when he got his first training job at Vision Quest) and I want to make sure you all are ok, too."
Where you belong
The West Seattle Health Club is a locally owned and operated, full service health club conveniently located just off the West Seattle Bridge in Seattle on Andover Street. Our 56,000sq. ft. club offers members a wide variety of amenities and options including a 7 lane, 25 yard lap swimming pool; a 45ft tall rock climbing wall; 3 floors of cutting edge fitness equipment; over 85 different fitness classes per week, dedicated women’s only workout area, safe and secure childcare and on-site, professional spa services, as well as a café and member lounge, to name a few.